Undergraduate Research Opportunities

I have several research opportunities for strong undergraduate students interested in social epidemiology, health policy, mental health, and maternal and child health. If interested:

1. please pick 1-3 articles on my CV that align with your general research interests
  2. read these articles thoroughly, until you understand the key question, analytic strategy, and conclusions
  3. contact me via email regarding a 199 opportunity, at least 1 week before the start of the academic quarter.

About Tim Allen Bruckner

I conduct population health research, which traces its origins from epidemiology, human ecology and demography. My work examines the extent to which health of societies responds to sudden perturbations in the ambient environment. These perturbations occur at the ecological level and include economic downturns, cold spells, the introduction of a casino, 9/11, and health policy changes. A core tenet of my work is that understanding adaptations to sudden changes in the environment provide insight into human behavior and biology.
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.