- John Dombrink and Daniel Hillyard (2007) Sin No More: From Abortion to Stem Cells, Understanding Crime, Law and Morality in America. New York: NYU Press.
- Daniel Hillyard and John Dombrink (2001) Dying Right: The Death With Dignity Movement. New York: Routledge.
- John Dombrink and William N. Thompson (1990) The Last Resort: Success and Failure in Campaigns for Casinos. Reno: University of Nevada Press, 1990.
- John Dombrink (2005) “Red, Blue, and Purple: American Views on Personal Morality and the Law,” Dissent, Spring
- John Dombrink (2006) “Deepening Reds, Contrasting Blues, and Various Purples,” in “A Symposium on Morality Battles,” Contemporary Sociology, June.
- John Dombrink and Daniel Hillyard (1998) “Manifestations of Social Agency in the 1994 Reform of Oregon’s Assisted Suicide Law,” Sociology of Crime, Law and Deviance, Vol.1.
- John Dombrink (1996). “Gambling and the Legalisation of Vice: Social Movements, Public Health, and Public Policy,” in Jan McMillen, Ed., Gambling Cultures. London: Routledge.
- John Dombrink (1993) “Victimless Crimes and the ‘Culture Wars’ of the 1990s.” Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice Vol. 9, No. 1, March, pp. 30-40.