Embedding video from a website like YouTube or UCI’s Replay is as easy as pasting in the URL. WordPress should automatically embed the video for you.
- Copy the URL for the video.
- Paste it on a line by itself in your post/page editor (make sure that it is not hyperlinked)
- Preview or Publish your post or page.
- Note: The video will not be viewable until you Preview or Publish your post.
- YouTube video URLs look like: http://youtu.be/2t-MTZps42c
- Replay videos must use the Mobile MP4 version like: http://replay.uci.edu/public/fall2013/Canvas_Setting_Up_E-portfolio_-_20130924_233246_2.mp4
On This Page
Embedded Video Example
From UCI Replay
Embedding with a Shortcode
If you want to resize the embedded video, you will need to wrap the URL in a shortcode.
If a button for your video host isn’t in the Writing Toolbar, you can add the video to your blog as a non-embedded video. Follow the same procedure as you would to add a link to another website. See Adding Links for instructions. Copy the URL of the video you want to embed. In the Insert/edit link window, paste in the URL for the desired video. When your readers click the video link, a new web page will open with a playable version of your video file.