In WordPress, a Theme is the style or “look and feel” of your website and can be easily changed at any time. The default theme may suit your needs, however we have several more for you to choose from. Three of the themes come with banners for the schools at UCI, however you can also upload your own header to customize the site to suit your own needs. WordPress allows you browse and try out themes before you commit to using them.
Selecting a Different Theme
- From the Admin menu, select Appearance > Themes.
Alternately, you can can select Appearance > Themes from the Admin Toolbar on the left.
- On the Manage Themes page, you will see a grid showing thumbnails of the available themes.
- To preview a theme, click on the thumbnail image or the Preview link. Your website’s content will be previewed using the new theme.
( To close the Preview window without selecting the theme, click the X in the upper left corner of the Preview window. )
- To select the theme, click Activate “Theme Name” in the upper right corner of the Preview window.
- Your website will now use the new Theme you just selected.
- Click your Visit Site to visit your website’s public view.
Note: If you need more flexibility with your theme, we have an advanced theme called “Weaver” that we may turn on for your website. Contact Us to request Weaver as an available Theme.
Preview The Available Themes