Assistant Professor of Economics
- Veiling Quarterly Journal of Economics (2013) 128(1), p. 337-370.
- Instincts and Institutions: The Rise of the Market (with Mark Koyama) in William N. Butos (ed.), 2010, Advances in Austrian Economics 13, 285-309.
- Education, Social Mobility and Religious Movements: The Islamic Revival in Egypt (with Christine Binzel). R&R.
- Coordination and Culture. R&R.
- Resisting Education (with Mark Koyama). R&R.
- Jewish Emancipation and Schism: Economic Development and Religious Change (with Mark Koyama). R&R.
- Sacrifice and Sorting in Clubs. R&R.
Work in Progress
- Identity-Based Organizations.
- Community Fragmentation and Fragility (with Mark Koyama and Michael Sacks).
- Elite Competition and The Iron Law of Oligarchy: A Tale of 14 Islands (with Christian Dippel).