Assistant Professor of Economics
- Jewish Emancipation and Schism: Economic Development and Religious Change (with Mark Koyama). Journal of Comparative Economics, 2016, 44(3), 562-584.
- Coordination and Culture. Economic Theory, forthcoming.
- Education, Social Mobility and Religious Movements: The Islamic Revival in Egypt (with Christine Binzel). The Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- Identity-Based Organizations. American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, 2016, 106(5), 410–414.
- Sacrifice and Sorting in Clubs. Forum for Social Economics (special issue on The Economics of Religion), forthcoming.
- Veiling Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2013, 128(1), 337-370.
- Instincts and Institutions: The Rise of the Market (with Mark Koyama) in William N. Butos (ed.), Advances in Austrian Economics, 2010, 13, 285-309.
- Resisting Education (with Mark Koyama).
- Education, Identity and Community: Lessons from Jewish Emancipation (with Mark Koyama and Michael Sacks), Revise and resubmit.
Work in Progress
- Elite Identity and Political Accountability: A Tale of Ten Islands (with Christian Dippel).
- Community Fragmentation and Fragility (with Michael Sacks).