Assistant Professor of Economics
- Coordination and Culture. Economic Theory, accepted.
- Education, Social Mobility and Religious Movements: The Islamic Revival in Egypt (with Christine Binzel). The Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- Identity-Based Organizations. American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, May 2016.
- Sacrifice and Sorting in Clubs. Forum for Social Economics (special issue on The Economics of Religion), forthcoming.
- Veiling Quarterly Journal of Economics (2013) 128(1), p. 337-370.
- Instincts and Institutions: The Rise of the Market (with Mark Koyama) in William N. Butos (ed.), 2010, Advances in Austrian Economics 13, 285-309.
- Resisting Education (with Mark Koyama). R&R.
- Jewish Emancipation and Schism: Economic Development and Religious Change (with Mark Koyama).
Work in Progress
- Community Fragmentation and Fragility (with Mark Koyama and Michael Sacks).
- Elite Competition and The Iron Law of Oligarchy: A Tale of 14 Islands (with Christian Dippel).