- Chancellor’s Professor of Mathematics and Developmental & Cell Biology, affiliated with the Department of Biomedical Engineering, at the University of California, Irvine.
- Director of The NSF-Simons Center for Multiscale Cell Fate Research. He works on computational systems biology, cell fates, multiscale biology, and tools for analyzing single-cell RNA-seq data, scientific computing, and computational mathematics.
- June 2018 Congratulations to postdoctoral fellow Adam MacLean for accepting a tenure-track assistant professor position at Computational Biology Group in the Department of Biology at University of Southern California.
- May 2018 The NSF-Simons Center for Multiscale Cell Fate Research is awarded jointly by NSF and The Simons Foundation with $10M grants: NSF-Simons announcement and UCI news press.
- May 2018 Congratulations to postdoctoral fellow Qixuan Wang for accepting a tenure-track assistant professor position at Department of Mathematics at University of California, Riverside.
- April 2018 Congratulations to Ph.D student Chris Rackauckas for joining Applied Math at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2019 as an instructor.
- January 2018 Our first paper on computational tools to analyze single-cell RNA-seq data – ScEpath: energy landscape-based inference of transition probabilities and cellular trajectories from single-cell transcriptomic data – will appear in Bioinformatics. Congratulations to Suoqin and Adam for a job well done!