Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Intervention Study
We are currently recruiting local families to participate in a research study examining the role of an adaptive MMA program on well-being outcomes in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Families are eligible to participate in this study if:
- Your child has been clinically diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Your child is between the ages of 8 and 11 years old.
- Your child is NOT currently enrolled in any other martial arts classes.
Participation in the study involves:
- Parent completion of an online questionnaire (~1 hour)
- Two visits to UC Irvine for diagnostic and social & cognitive assessments of child (~1.5 hours each, separated by ~13 weeks)
- Participation in a FREE adaptive MMA program specially designed for students with special needs (26 classes at 45 minutes each)
Families will be compensated up to $50 for their participation in the questionnaires and visits to the university.
ENROLLMENT: To receive more information, please submit your contact information to our secure online interest form, and a member of our research team will then call you with more information: click here.