- Allaire, M., T. Mackay, S. Zheng, and U. Lall. (2019). Community Response to Impaired Drinking Water Quality: Evidence from Bottled Water Sales. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. (Accepted).
- Josset, L., M. Allaire, C. Hayek, and J. Rising. (2019). The USA Water Data Gap: A survey of online state-level water data platforms to inform the development of a national water portal. Earth's Future. 7(4) 433-449.
- Allaire, M., H. Wu, and U. Lall. (2018). National Trends in Drinking Water Quality Violations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 115(9) 2078 –2083.
- Allaire, M. (2018). Socio-Economic Impacts of Flooding: A Review of the Empirical Literature. Water Security. (3) 18-26.
- Moftakhari, H., A. AghaKouchak, B. Sanders, M. Allaire, and R. Matthew. (2018). What is Nuisance Flooding? Defining an Emerging Challenge Facing Coastal Regions. Water Resources Research. 54(7) 4218-4227.
- Ho, M., U. Lall, M. Allaire, N. Devineni, H. Kwon, I. Pal, D. Raff, and D. Wegner. (2017). The Future Role of Dams in the United States of America. Water Resources Research. 53(2) 982–998.
- Allaire, M. (2016). Disaster Loss and Social Media: Can Online Information Increase Flood Resilience? Water Resources Research. 52(9) 7408-7423.
- Allaire, M. (2016). Using Practical and Social Information to Influence Flood Adaptation Behavior. Water Resources Research. 52(8) 6078-6093.
- Allaire, M., C. Kroll, and R. Vogel. (2015). The Hydromorphology of an Urbanizing Watershed Using Multivariate Elasticity. Advances in Water Resources. (86)147-154.
- Allaire, M. and S. Brown. (2015). The Green Paradox of U.S. Biofuel Subsidies: Impact on Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy. 4(2)83-102.
- Nabangchang, O., M. Allaire, P. Leangcharoen, R. Jarungrattanapong, and D. Whittington. (2015). Economic Costs Incurred by Households in the 2011 Bangkok Flood. Water Resources Research. 51(1)58-77.
- Jeuland, M., D. Fuente, S. Özdemir, M. Allaire, and D. Whittington. (2013). The Long-term Dynamics of Mortality Benefits from Improved Water and Sanitation in Less Developed Countries. PloS one. 8(10), e74804.
Book Chapters and Other Publications:
- Sadoff, C., D. Whittington, and M. Allaire (2013). The Economic Value of Moving Toward a More Water Secure World. Global Water Partnership. TEC Background Paper No. 18.
- Jeuland, M., D. Fuente, S. Özdemir, M. Allaire, and D. Whittington. (2013). Economic Losses from Poor Water and Sanitation: Past, Present, and Future. In B. Lomborg (Ed.), How Much Have Global Problems Cost the World? A Scorecard from 1900 to 2050. Cambridge University Press
- Allaire, M. and S. Brown. (2012). U.S. Energy Subsidies: Effects on Energy Markets and Carbon Dioxide Emissions. Pew Charitable Trusts. Washington, D.C.