Meet the New Lab Managers of the Spatial Neuroscience Lab: Taylor and Nick!

We are delighted to welcome Taylor Le and Nick Krohn as they officially continue in our Spatial Neuroscience Lab as lab managers! Both Taylor and Nick have demonstrated their interest, motivation, and commitment in our lab as previous lead research assistants. They have conducted and led independent research projects, presented at symposia and conferences, and trained and mentored other research assistants. We are very excited for them to be more involved in our lab and to see the work they produce. Here’s a quick word from them both!

Taylor (he/him/his): Hi everyone! I’ve been a research assistant for 2 years, and have primarily worked on our study in Individual Differences in Navigational Ability, and a newer independent project that examines the relationship between reinforcement learning in wayfinding ability in active and passive exploration. I aim to continue working on both projects, while also further developing leadership and mentorship skills as I work with other core lab members and research assistants. I’m very excited to continue in our lab as a lab manager, and would like to thank Dr. Chrastil for giving me this opportunity.

Nick (he/him/his): Excited to be continuing in the spatial neuroscience lab as a lab manager and working with all of you! I have been an RA in the lab since winter of 2021. In my time in the lab I have worked primarily on segmentation of the medial temporal lobe and examining differences in path integration ability and how they relate to differences in the integrity of white matter structures in the brain. I have also worked on IndivRobotics data collection since last summer. Going forward I hope to encourage research development for undergraduates and high school students and continue neuroimaging analysis in brain region volume and white matter structure.

Congratulations to both Taylor and Nick on their new roles as lab managers! We are confident that they will continue to make valuable contributions to our lab.