Corey is now a 1st year doctoral graduate student at Stanford University.
Phone: (949) 824-0314
Corey is a graduate of Columbia University, where she worked in the Metacognition and Memory lab. After graduating in 2012, she joined Mount Sinai’s Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, where she coordinated neuroimaging projects investigating the relationship between traumatic brain injury and the subsequent development of dementia. Corey joined the Translational Neurobiology Lab at UCI in 2015 and has been working on a project that utilizes a novel epigenetic PET tracer to examine the density and distribution of HDAC enzymes in vivo. Corey is interested in the neurobiology of episodic memory and how memory systems are altered in aging and in disease.
- Dickstein, D.L., Mitsis, E.M., Fernandez, C., Pullman, M., Hof, P.R., Short, J., Elder, G., Jordan, B., Ahlers, S., Bender, H., Goldstein, M.L., Crary, J.F., Dams-O’Connor, K., Gordon, W., Cantu, R., Knesaurek, K., Sano, M., Stone, J.R., Kostakoglu, L., DeKosky, S.T., & Gandy, S. (in press). Chronic traumatic encephalopathy: diagnosing the repetitively injured brains of athletes and soldiers. Current Research: Concussion.
- Mitsis, E.M., Riggio, S., Kostakoglu, L., Dickstein, D.L., Machac, J., Delman, B., Goldstein, M., Jennings, D., D’Antonio, E., Martin, J., Naidich, T.P., Aloysi, A., Fernandez, C., Seibyl, J., DeKosky, S.T., Elder, G.A., Marek, K., Gordon, W., Hof, P.R., Sano, M., & Gandy, S. (2014). Tauopathy PET and amyloid PET in the diagnosis of chronic traumatic encephalopathies: studies of a retired NFL player and of a man with FTD and a severe head injury. Translational Psychiatry, 4, e441. doi:10.1038/tp.2014.91.
Abstracts, Posters, and Presentations:
- Pullman, M., Fernandez, C., Short, J., Knesaurek, K., Rafique, A., Kostakoglu, L., Jordan, B., Gordon, W., Dams-O’Connor, K., Stone, J.R., Cantu, R., Gandy, S., Hof, P.R., & Dickstein, D.L. (2015). Structural MRI and PET in the Diagnosis of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy: Study of a Retired NFL Player. Poster presented at the Brain Imaging Center Symposium; New York, NY.
- Fernandez, C., Dickstein, D.L., Wong, E., Hazlett, E.A., Elder, G.A., Mitsis, E.M. (2015, August). FDG-PET Imaging in OIF/OEF Combat Veterans with Blast-Related Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Poster presented at the Military Health Systems Research Symposium, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fernandez, C., Hazlett, E.A., Wong, E., Dickstein, D.L., Gandy, S., Elder, G.A., Tang, C.Y., Mitsis, E.M. (2014, August). Cognitive Function and DTI Tractography in OEF/OIF Combat Veterans with Blast-Related Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Poster presented at the Military Health Systems Research Symposium, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fernandez, C., Wong, E., Simantov, J., Bellin, E.S., Elder, G.A., Tang, C.Y., Mitsis, E.M. (2014, May). Resting State Functional Connectivity in Blast-Related Mild TBI in OIF/OEF Combat Veterans. Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry, New York, New York.