- Chancellor’s Professor of Mathematics and Developmental & Cell Biology, affiliated with the Department of Biomedical Engineering, at the University of California, Irvine.
- Director of The NSF-Simons Center for Multiscale Cell Fate Research. He works on computational systems biology, cell fates, multiscale biology, and tools for analyzing single-cell RNA-seq data, scientific computing, and computational mathematics.
- February 2020 Congratulations to Lihua and Suoqin on their paper in Genome Biology — scAI: an unsupervised approach for the integrative analysis of parallel single-cell transcriptomic and epigenomic profiles.
- September 2019 Congratulations to Suoqin for his co-first author paper in Nature Neuroscience — CA1-projecting subiculum neurons facilitate object-place learning.
- September 2019 Congratulations to former lab member Lei Zhang on our new collaborative publication in Cell Systems — Network topologies that can achieve dual function of adaptation and noise attenuation.
- August 2019 Our preview paper on stem cells in Nature Cell Biology — Equal opportunity in stemness.