- Chancellor’s Professor of Mathematics and Developmental & Cell Biology, affiliated with the Department of Biomedical Engineering, at the University of California, Irvine.
- Director of The NSF-Simons Center for Multiscale Cell Fate Research. He works on computational systems biology, cell fates, multiscale biology, and tools for analyzing single-cell RNA-seq data, scientific computing, and computational mathematics.
- December 2020 Congratulations to Emmanuel and Lihua for their paper in Science Advances — Predicting transcription factor binding in single cells through deep learning.
- November 2020 Congratulations to Emmanuel for his paper in Cancers —Divergent resistance mechanisms to immunotherapy explain responses in different skin cancers
- October 2020 Congratulations to Suoqin for his paper in Nature Communications — Murine interfollicular epidermal differentiation is gradualistic with GRHL3 controlling progression from stem to transition cell states.
- September 2020 Congratulations to Yutong for her paper in Nucleic Acids Research — Inference and multiscale model of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition via single-cell transcriptomic data
- August 2020 Congratulations to Shuxiong Wang for his paper on single-cell RNA-seq analysis of human skins in Nature Communications — Single cell transcriptomics of human epidermis identifies basal stem cell transition states.
- July 2020 Congratulations to Christian for his single-cell paper on Paget’s disease in Cell Research — The Msi1-mTOR pathway drives the pathogenesis of mammary and extramammary Paget’s disease. UCI news on the paper — “New study finds use of topical cream can alleviate skin symptoms“.
- June 2020 Congratulations to Yuchi for his modeling paper in joint with Lander’s lab in Developmental Cell — Scaling a Dpp Morphogen Gradient through Feedback Control of Receptors and o0-receptors
- April 2020 Congratulations to Zixuan for his Nature Communications paper – Infer spatial and signaling relationships between cells from single cell transcriptomic data. UCI also has a news piece on this story: UCI mathematicians use machine intelligence to map gene interactions.
- March 2020 Congratulations to Suoqin, Zixuan and Adam on their integrated scRNA-seq and imaging analysis in collaboration with Xing Dai’s lab published on Cell Reports — Defining epidermal basal cell states during skin homeostasis and wound healing using single-cell transcriptomics.
- March 2020 Congratulations to Lina for her beautiful model on digit formation published in collaboration with Bogi Andersen’s lab for a journal-cover paper on Developmental Cell — Epithelial migration and non-adhesive periderm are required for digit separation during mammalian development. — highlighted in Science with a story “A sticky problem for digits“
- February 2020 Congratulations to Lihua and Suoqin on their paper in Genome Biology — scAI: an unsupervised approach for the integrative analysis of parallel single-cell transcriptomic and epigenomic profiles.
- January 2020 Congratulations to Suoqin for his scRNA-seq analysis on immune cells in collaboration with Bogi Andersen’s lab published in PNAS — Circadian control of interferon-sensitive gene expression in murine skin.